The Youth In Action Award will be awarded to ten high school sophomores or juniors that have made a positive impact in his or her community. The winners will receive $100.
- Applicants must attend a school in the St. Louis area.
- Applicants must be in the graduating class of 2021 OR class of 2022.
- Applicants must attend one of the following school districts and qualify for free or reduced lunches at school:
- University City
- St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS)
- East St. Louis School District 189
- Charter Schools
- Applicants will be judged based on the type of qualities demonstrated in and outside of the classroom.
- Applicants must demonstrate a positive spirit, bravery, and social intelligence.
- Applicants must be willing to participate in a documentary if selected.
How to Apply:
- Fill out this form (the form is also available below).
- Applicants must submit an essay (included in the form) which must answer the following questions.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What makes you unique?
- What is an accomplishment that you are proud of?
- Applicants must have at LEAST one teacher recommendation which answers the following questions. A second teacher recommendation is optional.
- How has the applicant demonstrated good qualities in the classroom?
- How has the applicant demonstrated good qualities outside of the classroom?
- Why do you think this applicant deserves this award?
- You may upload your teacher recommendation in your application or have your teacher email their recommendation to email@example.com with the subject “YIA Award – [Full Name of Applicant]”.